I had a bizarre experience with a Tesco staff member the other day. I'd been shopping in West Ealing and on Northfield Avenue and had a large and full carrier bag of stuff. I was almost home when I realised I still needed one more thing which probably would only be available from Tesco in the area. I went in, but they didn't have what I was looking for, so I left again and continued walking down Northfield Avenue. Half way across the road at Camborne Ave a staff member caught up with me at a run, stopped me, and the following exchange took place:Tesco: Can I just have a look in your bag?me: Why?Tesco: I just want to see if there's anything in there.me [looking down at the full carrier bag, and then back up at the person who had accosted me]: There is a lot of things in there.Tesco: [looks at me with a sad expression as if he's about to start crying, then turns around and literally runs back to Tesco]I have no idea what that was all about. Presumably he had some suspicion that I had stolen something, in which case why was he unable to articulate that, and if he had a good reason to believe so, why did he run away without ensuring I hadn't got away with shoplifting?
M. Duley ● 5960d