The same could be said for many things in modern life. However for many of us that have been football fans all our lives, very little beats the thrill of seeing your team score - of being caught up in the moment of a fantastic game, the camaraderie of following your team up and down the country and across Europe, the highs and lows of extreme emotion.Yes the game has changed, yes it has some unsavoury individuals involved and the commercialism is slowly killing it, but I love it and I am sick of it being held up constantly as an example of all that is wrong in he world. Football beings people of differing age, background, cultures, social class together like nothing else I know. I have met some amazing people through this game – people I would never have met ordinarily. I just think it has become fashionable and easy to bash football and its time that people recognised some of the positive aspects of the game and what it does in this country and across the world.Rant over!!
Trizia Fiorellino ● 5926d