The doorstep scam lady's back
When I moved to the area 7 years ago I was accosted in the street by a young lady with a sob story and some very impressive acting skills. She relieved me of a tenner (on the promise of returning it the next day) and it was only subsequently I read that this was an all too common scam. On Saturday evening (6-7pm) a middle aged lady with short blondish hair rang my doorbell and proceeded to relay a story about not having received her giro and having had her electricity and water cut off. I thought the story was a bit far fetched but again she was a good actor and volunteered her address a few roads away from me, in Northfields. I told her I was a bit suspicious but would drop round and if her story checked out I may be able to help. Naturally the house number didn't exist, so please beware.
Philip Slater ● 5915d3 Comments