Re the driving test, although not everybody knows that. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is that a tactful way Alan of saying not everbody complies with the law on that aspect of being in charge of a motor vehicle, and other aspects as well. The latest wheeze I am told of is to buy a licence in China ( e g by countrymen thereof temporarily resident here), it being feasible so I am told of being able to bribe officials there to get a licence without taking any test although actual presence of the applicant is required I think for photographic evidence, the licence issued is able to be registered with the Chinese Authorities as being valid, which then can be swapped for a Hong Kong licence or the actual bribery / bogus test may well take place in that province and due to a hangover from pre 1997, it is then possible to exchange the seemingly valid H K licence in this country for a fully fledged bona fide British licence for someone living here, albeit temporarily, and with no test whatsoever ever having been taken.
Tony Price ● 5857d