Hi Andy Going back to your 09.38 post,you state "There was far too much air time devoted to the visit and I understand 400 BBC staff were involved in the Outside Broadcast.This is subjective,it's your view,I think there are too many Hospital Dramas on TV,my wife disagrees,who's right?There weren't 400 BBC staff involved, BBC OBs was privatized years ago and is now run by a company called S.I.S. and as far as I can remember there weren't 400 involved at Charles and Dianas wedding, so I really doubt that figure.You then go on to claim that "the coverage was overtly hostile with BBC journalists often abandoning objectivity and stating opinion as fact." How on Earth can you claim that? To do so means that you have an alternative source of news that you totally trust as being unquestionably true and unbiased, let me guess Rupert Murdoch?In your post at 15:25 you're not sure what I'm saying but you assume that what I'm saying is that I'm in favour of the quest for the BBC to be as objective as possible in news reporting. I can't imagine what makes you think that, what I was implying (as gently as possible) is that it takes two to tango,no use the BBC being objective if the audience is going to say that they've paid for a licence and that they have a right to only see programmes that they agree with.
Tony Wood ● 5847d