I want to put a telephone point upstairs.Im with Virgin media and they said it would cost me £99 call out plus parts.Does anyone know a local company who could install a telephone point upstairs?
Mark Yates ● 5832d3 Comments
Hi Mark..if you really do need an extra tel point then you can buy a plug-in kit from any of the DIY stores or Maplin. You will just need to work out how to hide the cable from Ground floor to upstairs. Bearing in mind that a contracter will not muck about and just staple the cable along your skirting board! You could do the job yourself this way and save about £90!!! The other way is to just buy a cordless tel. with 2 0r 3 handsets and have the phones in any room you need! Argos are always doing a special offer!
Pete Gregory ● 5832d
Thanks Pete,I just found this bit of usefull kithttp://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97658
Mark Yates ● 5832d
I once wired telephone cables upstairs by following the central heating pipes - all the holes drilled, and plenty of room for a tele cable! Now I would buy a cordless .....
Viv Ellis ● 5832d