11am-6pm Today Love Food Hate Waste Roadshow at Ealing Central Library
http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/The website has lots of useful information about portions, best before and use by dates, recipes and tips. And if you get bored with the English one then try the Scottish or Welsh or Northern Irish one. (Did you send your uni student off to uni with a spaghetti measure? Or did you train them before they went? Learning by experience can be slow and rather expensive!) And if you don't agree with them, don't just mutter - speak louder and perhaps even louder and let them know. Feedback is important. (The website I'm talking about :-) Don't shout at whoever is running the roadshow of course! You can go and find out more about Ealing's collections and how they work and I believe they even have some freebies to give away! If you've not got going on food waste reduction and the food waste collection hopefully they should be able to set you up ready to go. I'd like to think so anyway. They should have the power!I was very sceptical about taking part in this collection when it first started in Ealing (how many years ago? 5?) but soon discovered how easy it is and what a good idea. Ealing was one of the first Councils to do this and it is now happening right across the UK.
Philippa Bond ● 5786d0 Comments