Forum Topics

High Speed Train Route versus Mipim

"I saw the map of the route and it set off quite a few alarm bells. We want to know more about the impact it's going to have on the people who live here as we understand there will have to be demolition of properties to enable it to happen. The devil is in the detail and the first bit of detail has not been good." Cllr Jason Stacey leader of the council on the high speed train route. "I believe we are actually in better shape than ever to continue the transformation of our borough......" Pat Hayes Ealing Council's Director for Regeneration and Housing on ealinginlondon website. He and Lucy Taylor Director of Regeneration and Planning Policy are at Mipim in Cannes this week 16-19 March to sell? 32 council owned sites and 100 other sites. She is chairing the first presentation on the forum stage entitled,"Development Opportunities in Ealing London" Some of these "opportunities" will certainly involve demolition of properties to enable it to happen with it seems no health and education contingency planning for 14000 new households. I hadn't seen the map and details for more than a few days when it disappeared but it set off quite a few alarm bells. PT wrote on 16 Nov 09, "It is not my area and I really don't know the details." Why hadn't Cllr David Millican (Portfolio holder for Planning and Regeneration) told him about something so important?I believe the detail is being kept secret. Anyone know any more and anyone heard alarm bells?

Arthur Breens ● 6042d0 Comments ● 6042d