Check supermarket receipts
I have been asked to post the following, which seems to possibly be a new scam. I have not experienced it myself but do agree the bills need to be scrutined before leaving the supermarket and very often one does find " errors " have crept in. The most often occurring reasons being reduced items going through at the original price or taking an article from a place where it's price seems to be deliberately misleading. When that happens I always reject the item and call for the Manager and show them the area of the misleading item. "CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS BEFORE LEAVING THE CHECK-OUT - READ ON...I bought a bunch of stuff, over £150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of £40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the £40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor.The supervisor came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO! Taking the £40 would be a cash advance against my Credit card & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of £20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the Electronic Pad must be defective.Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was 'defective' because she NEVER offered me the £40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford , XXXXXXXXX supermarket last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for £20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!My co-worker called XXXXXXXXX supermarket who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this... "This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in the queue".Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????To make matters worse ...THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL ORWHOLESALE LOCATION!!!BEFORE LEAVING THE CHECK-OUT........CHECK YOUR RECEIPT!!!!!THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE LEAVING THE STAND.PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS, LOVED ONES. "
Tony Price ● 5785d22 Comments ● 5777d