Restaurateurs Beware - SCAM!
I received the following email this morning -I am Engr.Charles Nemeth,the director of Staff welfare Aiken Offshore United Kingdom.I want to book dinner for my group of workers arriving from United Kingdom. They will all come for dinner in your place as from, 10th,11st and 12th February 2010 by 6:00pm each day.They are 15 in number.Get back with your response if there is availability in your restaurant.Kind Regards,Engr.Charles NemethAiken OffshoreHorizons House, 81 Waterloo QuayAB11 5DE, AberdeenSCOTLANDTel:+447023096953Fax:+44-702-3075-503www.aikenoffshore.comI was suspicious as it states they are arriving from ''the UK''. Plus 0702 is not the dialing code for Aberdeen.I went to google - entereed Aikeen Offshore scam - and hey presto! Yes, it's a scam. They hook the restaurant by tempting them with 15 people on 3 consecutive nights at a early time. Next, they send another email. A New York restaurant said =''Apparently, he was going to give me a $3,000 deposit on his credit card, then book a car service to bring his hungry oil workers to dinner. But the car service’s credit card machine was bad, and they couldn’t take his card. And, as he reminded me, “…am on the high sea work on an OIL RIG. There are no bank or western union here.” So I was to get his credit card, charge it for $9,000, then keep $3,000 and give the remaining $6,000 to the car service''Beware!!
David Archer ● 6081d1 Comments ● 6081d